Saturday, April 17

Singing Science Experiment (Repeat Week)

Opening Song (backup): Mother, I Love You (C.S. #207)
Welcome Song: Here We Are Together (C.S. #261)
Wiggle Song (Jr. Primary): Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam (C.S. #60)
Singing Time: The Church of Jesus Christ (C.S. #77) and I Know That My Savior Loves Me (2010 Primary Outline)

This week we are going to do a Singing Science Experiment. Before we begin the activity, we are going to sing through "The Church of Jesus Christ" with the use of picture prompts. I will watch for a super singer to be my first assistant.

I will present a white board containing the lyrics to a song we are reviewing ("The Church of Jesus Christ" for Jr. Primary and the 2nd Verse of "I Know That My Savior Loves Me" for Sr. Primary). Each word will be written with an alternating color. With the help of my first assistant, I will ask them to select a spoon to stir into the water solution. After the fizz settles, a color will appear. Whatever color appears will dictate what color words can be erased from the board. We will sing through the song with the missing words, and then I will ask a new super singer to come up to be my assistant. We will continue this until all of the words are erased from the board!

** Idea from Primary Singing Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment