Sunday, January 31

Singing Golf (Test Week)

Opening Song (backup): Families Can Be Together Forever (C.S. #188)
Welcome Song: Here We Are Together (C.S. #261)
Wiggle Song (Jr. Primary): Sing a Song (C.S. #253)
Singing Time: I Know That My Savior Loves Me (2010 Primary Outline)

Singing Golf

Would you believe that you have something in common with a golf ball? You do! Just as the little dents on a golf ball help it go farther, so do the little dents we get through life. All of the trials that we go through that give us our little dents help us to grow stronger and to go farther in life, closer to our Heavenly Father.

Today, the primary kids are going to golf! A child will pick a golf ball out of a bucket and have to answer the test question on the back. If they answer correctly, they will get to putt a golf ball in hopes of getting a hole-in-one. If they miss the hole, the primary kids will sing the song whichever way is written on the paper the ball landed on. If they get a hole in one, they get to challenge the teachers to sing the song a special way.



Test Questions:

- 1st or 2nd Verse? “…I know He feels for me.” (1st)
- 1st or 2nd Verse? “…Learning the teachings of Jesus.” (2nd)
- 1st or 2nd Verse? “Wrapped in the arms of my Savior’s love…” (2nd)
- Fill in the blank! “_______ were gathered ‘round Jesus.” (Children)
- Fill in the blank! “I feel His _______ touch.” (Gentle)
- Fill in the blank! “_______ my path every day.” (Lighting)
- T/F “Home to my Father above.” (True)
- T/F “My faith I give to Him.” (False)

Reflection

I really like the idea of this one. The kids really had a lot of fun with it too. What I didn't like, however, is that the golf ball always ended up landing on the same pieces of paper. The Sr. Primary kids got tired of singing the same ways over and over again. I would recommend doing a golf game, but maybe instead of setting it up with papers, I would get a children's hole-in-one set (comes with a putter, a ball, and a little cup to catch the ball). Then perhaps the kids could pick different ways to sing out of a little golf basket. I think that would be much more effective.

** Idea from The Crazy Chorister, customized by yours truly! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment