Saturday, March 13

Sweet Tooth (Repeat Week)

Opening Song (backup): He Sent His Son (C.S. #34)
Welcome Song: Hello Song (C.S #260)
Birthday Song: Your Happy Birthday (C.S. #283)
Wiggle Song (Jr. Primary): Popcorn Popping (C.S. #242)
Singing Time: Follow the Prophet (C.S. #110)

Sweet Tooth

We are going to learn about Abraham, Moses, and Jonah this week. After teaching the children the verses, I will announce that I brought a special friend with me today to help us sing! My friend is small... and green... "Can anyone guess what my friend is?" No, not a leprechaun - a crocodile!!!

After presenting the crocodile to the kids, I will explain that we are going to play a game called "Sweet Tooth." I will take the crocodile around as we sing through a verse in the song and have the children, one by one, push down a tooth. When a child finds the sweet tooth, the music will stop and the child will have to guess the next line in the song (with the help of their peers/teachers as needed). At the very end, I plan on giving out smarties as a thank you for singing so sweetly!!!

** Idea from The Crazy Chorister; adapted by yours truly! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment