Saturday, June 12

Daddy Dress-Up

Opening Song (backup): The Church of Jesus Christ (C.S. #77)
Welcome Song: Here We Are Together (C.S. #261)
Wiggle Song (Jr. Primary):
Singing Time: Daddy's Homecoming (C.S #210) and My Dad (C.S. #211)

We are going to review our Father's Day songs this week! After singing through both songs once, we will play a game to review. I will have both songs written out with some of the words missing. We will have a boys team and a girls team, and each team will pick a "dad" to represent them.

For the first round, I will have 2 girls and 2 boys come up to represent their teams. The girls and boys will sit in chairs at the front beside their "dad." When the timer starts (60 seconds for jr. primary, 30 seconds for sr. primary), the first kid on each team will come up to the board and try to fill in the first 2 missing blanks (an adult can write in the words for jr. primary). Once they have the both of their blanks correctly filled in, they will go pick something out of the "dad" basket and dress up their "dad." Then they will return to their seat.

As soon as they sit down, the next team member will go and fill in the next blank, then dress their dad, sit down, and so on until the timer stops. When the timer stops, we will switch out our team members for the next round to try to finish filling up the blanks and dressing our "dads." We will sing through each song in between rounds for review.

Daddy’s Homecoming (Girls)

I’m so glad when daddy comes home, glad as I can be;
Clap my hands and shout for joy, then climb upon his knee,
Put my arms around his neck, hug him tight like this,
Pat his cheeks, then give him what? A great big kiss.

I’m so ______ when ______ comes ______, ______ as I can be;
_______ my ______ and shout for ______, then ______ upon his ________,
Put my ______ around his ______, _____ him ______ like this,
______ his cheeks, then _____ him _____? A great big ______.

My Dad (Boys)

My daddy is my favorite pal, and I help him every day.
It’s plain to see I want to be like him in every way.
He teaches me that honesty is best in all I do.
I’m very glad that he’s my dad, and I know he loves me too.

My _______ is my ________ _______, and I ________ him every day.
It’s ______ to see I ______ to be like _____ in ______ way.
He _______ me that _______ is ______ in ______ I do.
I’m very _____ that _____ my dad, and I ______ he _____ me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment