Thursday, June 3

Pop Song (Intro Week)

Opening Song (backup): The Church of Jesus Christ (C.S. #77)
Welcome Song: Here We Are Together (C.S. #261)
Wiggle Song (Jr. Primary): Follow the Prophet (C.S. #110)
Singing Time: Daddy's Homecoming (C.S #210) and My Dad (C.S. #211)

We are going to be singing 2 songs in Sacrament Meeting on Father's Day. Today we are going to start learning both songs. For the program, the girls will be singing "Daddy's Homecoming" and the boys will be singing "My Dad."

After going through both songs, I will present the bulletin board which will be covered with pink balloons (girls) and blue balloons (boys). Each balloon contains a slip of paper with a way to sing the song. I will have a girl come up and pop a pink balloon. The girls will then sing "Daddy's Homecoming" as directed by the slip of paper. Similarly, I will have a boy come up and pop a blue balloon to instruct the boys how to sing "My Dad."

* Idea from Divine Secrets of a Primary Chorister, altered by yours truly!

No comments:

Post a Comment