Saturday, July 17

Follow the Pattern (Repeat Week)

Opening Song (backup): He Sent His Son (C.S. #34)
Welcome Song: Hello Song (C.S. #260)
Birthday Song: You've Had a Birthday (C.S. #285)
Wiggle Song (Jr. Primary): ** No wiggle song today!
Singing Time: Come, Follow Me (Hymns #116)
Do As I'm Doing (C.S. #276)
Follow the Prophet (C.S. #110)
Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes (C.S. #275)
I'm Trying to be Like Jesus (C.S. #78)

To review "Come, Follow Me" this week, I am going to teach the kids about patterns. If I wanted to sew something together, I would need to follow a pattern. If I make a mistake, I have to go through the long drawn out process to undo the mistake. But if I refer back to the pattern and try again, everything comes together! Jesus Christ set the pattern (example) of how we should live our lives in order to be happy and to return to live with Heavenly Father again.

Together, we will sing "Come, Follow Me." At the end of the song, I will explain how the song teaches us to follow the pattern that Jesus Christ has set. I will then pass out pieces of paper (all the teachers for Jr. Primary and all the kids for Sr. Primary), explaining that we are going to sing songs about following Jesus Christ. At the end of each song, I will show them how to fold their paper, not telling them what the end-product will be. We will continue until we all have created the end product. I will close with having everyone sing "Come, Follow Me" Acapella.



** Idea from the Crazy Chorister.

No comments:

Post a Comment