Friday, August 6

Back to School (Review Week)

Opening Song (backup): I Know My Savior Loves Me (2010 Primary Outline)
Welcome Song: Hello Song (C.S. #260)
Birthday Song: Your Happy Birthday (C.S. #283)
Wiggle Song (Jr. Primary): I Wiggle (C.S. #271)
Singing Time: Did Jesus Really Live Again (C.S. #64)
The Church of Jesus Christ (C.S. #77)
The Fourth Article of Faith (C.S. #124)
Follow the Prophet (C.S. #110)

This week we are going to learn the rest of "Did Jesus Really Live Again." and will also review the other verses that we have learned. After we have run through the song a few times, we will play a "Back to School" game.

Before primary starts, I will place 4 stars under random chairs, numbered 1-4. When we start our game, I will place a white board up that lists the 4 songs that we will be singing. I will explain that I will give them a letter grade after we sing each song. I will then ask the kids to look under their chairs. I will ask the #1 star to come up and choose 1 folder out of my backpack (4 folders total). Inside each folder will be a peice of paper with what song we will be singing and the activity that we will do with each song.

MATH - "The Church of Jesus Christ" Count on fingers how many times we sing the word "I."
READING - "Follow the Prophet" Write letter "D" on board and have kids clap every time they sing a word with that letter in it. For Sr. Primary, we will clap and turn around.
SCIENCE - "The Fourth Article of Faith" Place an index card over a glass of water and flip it upside down. The air pressure will cause the sealing of the card to the cup, defying gravity. Sing through the song and ask the kids to watch to see if the card will stick to the glass for the entire song. If they sing well and the card stays, they will get an automatic A+!
GEOGRAPHY - "Did Jesus Really Live Again?" Find Israel on the map. Blindfold a child and spin them while singing through the song. At the end of the song, have them try to point to Israel on the map. If they are within a few countries and they sing well, they get an automatic A+!

** Idea from the Idea Door and the Crazy Chorister, adapted by yours truly!

No comments:

Post a Comment