Saturday, February 20

Family Fun (Review Week)

Opening Song (backup): Love Is Spoken Here (C.S. #190)
Welcome Song: Hello Song (C.S #260)
Wiggle Song: Do As I'm Doing (C.S #276)
Singing Time: I Know That My Savior Loves Me (2010 Primary Outline) and He Sent His Son (C.S. #34)

Family Fun

This week we are going to play a game that is a spin-off of Family Fued in order to review our program songs. The primary will be divided into 2 "families." A member of each team will come up and stand on opposite ends of a table and will use a fly swatter to buzz in. I will ask 8 questions about the 2 program songs we have been learning.

When the children think they know the right answer, they will buzz in. The first to buzz in will have the chance to answer the question. If they answer correctly, they will receive 1 point for their team. If they answer incorrectly, the other team will have a chance to steal if they can answer the question correctly. After each round, everyone will sing a verse in the song. Whichever team sings the best earns a bonus point!

Jr. Primary Questions:

Q1) Is this line in one of the songs we have learned so far this year: "I hope they call me on a mission."
A1) No!

Q2) Who is the song "I Know That My Savior Loves Me" about?
A2) Jesus.

Q3) Fill in the blank: "A long time ago in a _______ place..."
A3) Beautiful.

Q4) What action did we use when we sang this line of the chorus: "I will follow faithfully."
A4) We moved our hand up and down to symbolize "following."

Q5) Which is the correct answer to "What does he ask?:" "Eat all your vegetables" or "Live like his Son?"
A5) Live like his Son.

Q6) Which song has a lot of questions in it: He Sent His Son or I Know That My Savior Loves Me?
A6) He Sent His Son

Q7) How does the son "He Sent His Son" start? "How could the Father SHOW the world?" OR "How could the Father TELL the world?"
A7) How could the Father TELL the world.

Q8) What does it mean when I make a chopping signal with her hands?
A8) Sing staccato or very quickly/choppy.

TB) Who is the father of your body?
TB) My dad.
Sr. Primary Questions:

Q1) What is one of the name of one of the songs we have been learning this year?
A1) He Sent His Son OR I Know That My Savior Loves Me

Q2) What is the answer to the following question: "What does he ask?"
A2) Live like his son.

Q3) Fill in the blank: "He sent his Son to ______ _____ _______ on earth, that we may know."
A3) Walk with men.

Q4) Fill in the blank: "He sent his Son to die for us and rise with ________ breath.
A4) Living.

Q5) Fill in the blank: "I did not touch him or ____ ___ ___ _____."
A5) Sit on His knee.

Q6) Fill in the blank: "_____ ___ _______ will help guide the way."
A6) Parents and teachers.

Q7) What action did we use when we sang this line of the chorus: "I know that my Savior loves me."
A7) Crossed arms over chest to symbolize "love."

Q8) Which song talks about Jesus?
A8) TRICK QUESTION: Both!

TB) Who is the father of your body?
TB) My dad.
TB = Tie Breaker

Reflection

I was very satisfied with how this game turned out. The kids were captivated by the fly swatters. Everyone wanted a turn! The bonus points were also great motivators to get the kids to sing even if they were struggling with the words. I would definitely recommend this activity!

** Idea from The Crazy Chorister; adapted by yours truly! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment